Farrow is an integral member and active participant of the Canadian Society of Customs Brokers (CSCB).
What is the CSCB?
The CSCB represents the majority of Canada’s customs brokers to actively seek and achieve improvements in government policies and procedures on behalf of the members and their clients. The CSCB provides advice and guidance to Canadian and international regulators on new policy directions and has developed strong partnerships throughout the industry to create effective business solutions for the future.
- Represents the interests of customs brokers to government departments and agencies, primarily the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), involved in regulating international trade;
- Works with government and the private sector to develop new, innovative solutions to the future needs of the international trade community, as these needs are identified by their members and their clients;
- Ensures that members have access to timely, accurate and up-to-date information on technical, operational and business management issues;
- Supports the education and professional development needs of members through conferences, seminars, educational courses and the CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) designation;
- Is an active member of the International Federation of Customs Brokers Associations.
The CSCB is one of the most authoritative, respected organizations in Canada’s international trade community. The CSCB currently includes approximately 160 corporate members, over 3,300 CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) designates and more than 850 students. They also have many associate members who are not brokers, but are actively involved in trade or trade facilitation services.
As a result of these activities, Canada’s customs brokers are best positioned to provide accurate and timely commentary on border operations and to participate in the identification and implementation of solutions to border challenges. The CSCB continues to bring those views forward to decision-makers.
How can my company benefit as a Farrow client?
Because Farrow plays such an active role within the CSCB, clients benefit from our ability to be prepared for the implementation of new initiatives.
In certain cases we are able to canvas our clients for their input as we are involved in the development of evolving issues and seek to find practicable solutions.
More information on the CSCB is available on the CSCB website.