Truck Service Update – Tuesday June 15, 2021
As result of a high volume of trucks moving towards Termont / Viau facilities at the Port of Montreal, significant congestion at the Port of Montreal’s Common Gate entrance, has been noted since yesterday.
MGT’s security team is currently onsite and taking the necessary actions at the Common Gate to assist drivers moving towards MGT’s facilities (Section 77 and Section 62).
Truck service, once on the Port Road is fluid moving towards Section 62.
Source: Canadian Society of Customs Brokers (CSCB)
About Canadian Society of Customs Brokers:
The CSCB (Canadian Society of Customs Brokers) actively seeks and achieves improvements in government policies and procedures on behalf of our members and their clients, and consistently delivers relevant, high quality products and services, including education and professional development. The CSCB creates member value and benefits through education, advocacy, information and innovation.
- Provides advice and guidance to Canadian and international bodies on new policy directions and represents the interests of customs brokers to government departments and agencies, primarily the Canada Border Services Agency, involved in regulating and facilitating international trade.
- Works with government and other private sector stakeholders to develop new, innovative solutions to the future needs of the international trade community, as these needs are identified by our members and their clients.
- Ensures that our members have access to timely, accurate and up-to-date information on technical, operational and business management issues.
- Supports the education and professional development needs of our members through conferences, seminars, educational courses and the CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) and CTCS (Certified Trade Compliance Specialist) designations.
- Promotes the value of customs brokers to all members of the supply chain.
Back to Farrow News