Notice of initiation of expiry review investigation
On December 13, 2021, the Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT), pursuant to subsection 76.03(3) of the Special Import Measures Act (SIMA), initiated an expiry review of its finding made on January 4, 2017, in Inquiry No. NQ‑2016‑002, concerning the dumping of certain gypsum board originating in or exported from the United States, imported into Canada for use or consumption in the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, as well as the Yukon and Northwest Territories (Western Canada).
As a result of the CITT’s expiry review, the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has today initiated an expiry review investigation to determine, pursuant to paragraph 76.03(7)(a) of SIMA, whether the expiry of the finding is likely to result in the continuation or resumption of dumping of the subject goods.
The CBSA will make a determination no later than May 12, 2022, and will issue a Statement of Reasons by May 27, 2022. A complete listing of dates of interest is available on the expiry review investigation schedule.
The subject goods are:
“Gypsum board, sheet, or panel (“gypsum board”) originating in or exported from the United States of America, imported into Canada for use or consumption in the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, as well as the Yukon and Northwest Territories, composed primarily of a gypsum core and faced or reinforced with paper or paperboard, including gypsum board meeting or supplied to meet ASTM C 1396 or ASTM C 1396M or equivalent standards, regardless of end use, edge‑finish, thickness, width, or length, excluding:
- gypsum board made to a width of 54 inches (1,371.6 mm)
- gypsum board measuring 1 inch (25.4 mm) in thickness and 24 inches (609.6 mm) in width regardless of length (commonly referred to and used as “paper‑faced shaft liner”)
- gypsum board meeting ASTM C 1177 or ASTM C 1177M (commonly referred to and used primarily as “glass fiber re‑enforced sheathing board” but also sometimes used for internal applications for high mold/moisture resistant applications)
- double layered glued paper‑faced gypsum board (commonly referred to and used as “acoustic board”) and
- gypsum board meeting ISO16000‑23 for sorption of formaldehyde
All dimensions are plus or minus allowable tolerances in applicable standards.”
Please refer to the CBSA’s Measures in Force for the complete product definition.
The subject goods are usually classified under the following tariff classification numbers:
This listing of tariff classification numbers is for convenience of reference only. Refer to the product definition for authoritative details regarding the subject goods.
For full notice, click here.
Source: Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Back to Farrow News