Deadline: Formaldehyde Emissions from Composite Wood Products Regulations (CANFER) March 8, 2023
Since January 7, 2023, the new Formaldehyde Emissions from Composite Wood Products Regulations (CANFER) prohibit the sale, offer for sale, or import of composite wood products that release formaldehyde at levels that exceed the regulatory emission limits. Your organization is responsible for determining if its products are subject to CANFER and of ensuring compliance with all the requirements such as emission testing, certification, labelling and record keeping.
If you manufacture, import, sell or offer for sale composite wood products containing formaldehyde, you must identify yourself to ECCC by March 8, 2023.
You must inform ECCC at email@example.com of:
- your name & contact information;
- your role (e.g., finished good importer);
- any subsequent changes.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Please see the Fact sheet.
- For more comprehensive information, a Guidance document highlights certain sections of CANFER to provide additional explanation.
- General information on formaldehyde can be found on the Health Canada webpage dedicated to this substance.
- For general inquiries, please contact Health Canada at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reports, data and contact information must be submitted to ECCC at: email@example.com
Source: Canadian Society of Customs Brokers (CSCB)
Visit Farrow’s CARM page.