CFIA Scheduled System Maintenance
To perform necessary system maintenance, the following services will be unavailable from October 28, 2023 3:00 PM to October 30, 2023 7:00 AM (ET):
|· Automated Import Reference System Verification Service (AVS)
· CFIA Shipment Tracker for Food, Plant and Animal products
· Electronic Data Interchange – Integrated Import Declaration (EDI – IID)
Importers are encouraged to submit release requests (import declarations) to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) prior to 11:00 AM (ET) on October 28, 2023 to avoid processing delays.
Pending electronic (EDI-IID) release requests received after 3:00 PM (ET) will be processed as per normal when maintenance has concluded. As such, there is no need for clients to do anything for shipments that do not require immediate release.
If an urgent release recommendation, for CFIA regulated goods, is required during the maintenance period, please:
1) Complete a “Request for documentation review” declaration using form CFIA/ACIA 5272.
2) E-mail the completed 5272 along with all other associated import documents to the CFIA’s National Import Service Centre (NISC) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|· Include the complete Automated Import Reference System (AIRS) code(s) (including end use) for each commodity to ensure an expeditious review of transactions.
· For commodities requiring an Import Permit, a copy of the permit must be included when submitting import documentation for review.
· For more information visit the How to submit a paper declaration to the National Import Service Centre webpage.
3) The CFIA will review the documents submitted, make a (stamped) admissibility decision on the Form 5272 and advise the requestor by e-mail.
|· Any applicable inspection requirements for shipments of meat, and meat products, will be communicated back to the requestor by e-mail.|
4) The importer/broker will submit their CFIA reviewed (stamped) Form 5272 to the CBSA to obtain final release.
Please refrain from contacting the NISC for status updates during this time as it will create further delays. Phone lines will not be available at this time. For more information on CFIA release processes visit the National Import Service Centre webpage.