This new memorandum describes the Canada–United Kingdom Trade Continuity Agreement (CUKTCA) Rules of Origin.
This memorandum contains a link to the CUKTCA Rules of Origin Regulations and provides a link to the Global Affairs Canada website where the Rules of Origin for the CUKTCA can be found.
P.C. 2021-238 2021-03-26
His Excellency the Administrator of the Government of Canada in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Finance, pursuant to paragraph 16(2)(a) of the Customs Tariff, makes the annexed CUKTCA Rules of Origin Regulations.
Force of law:
1. The following provisions of the Protocol on Rules of Origin and Origin Procedures of the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement, as incorporated by reference in the Canada – United Kingdom Trade Continuity Agreement, have the force of law in Canada:
- (a) Articles 1 and 2;
- (b) paragraphs 1 to 2C and 3 of Article 3;
- (c) Articles 4 to 17; and
- (d) Annexes 1, 4, 5, 5-A and 7.
Coming into force:
2. These Regulations come into force on the day on which section 37 of the Canada–United Kingdom Trade Continuity Agreement Implementation Act, chapter 1 of the Statutes of Canada, 2021, comes into force, but if they are registered after that day, they come into force on the day on which they are registered.
For guidelines and general information, click here.
Source: Canadian Society of Customs Brokers (CSCB)